Wednesday, 29 February 2012
Am I sad?
Probably. But luckily there's a work around or sorts. We can still remotely access our old computers and they've forgotten to upgrade them. Ha, ha!
And... why not
Monday, 27 February 2012
Getting rid of our cleaner
We're partially doing it as we're both trying to save up, but we're mostly doing it as she's just rubbish. She's there for 2 hours a week which is plenty to keep on top of things but she struggles sometimes to even do that. That's what I'll keep in mind when I call her up this afternoon.
Sunday, 26 February 2012
Mmm... sweaty cat
Friday, 24 February 2012
12th best company
It turns out that my company came 12th in the annual Sunday Times best company to work for award. We've got a champagne reception at 4 to help celebrate.
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Never thought that would happen
Biscuit and Poppet setting next to each other minding their own business. Biscuit's actually sitting on Poppet they're usually at each other's throats.
My money mountain
Monday, 20 February 2012
Just checked as I hoped it was followed by Blade. It's not. It's better, From Dusk Till Dawn. Ha, ha, ha.
Flattering at first, i'm now extremely tired of it so I ask the receptionist to put them through to my voicemail, most leave a message (i'm not sure why some don't even bother, with all fishing, 50% of the goal is to see if you have anything on the end of the line).
The latest term that they all seem to be using is
"We've got a lot of opportunities in the actuarial space that you might be interested in."
Really? What a dick! It's up there with half of the crap consultants come up with. Next one that calls i'll answer the phone and play bullshit bingo with him.
Halfway through the call i'll shout BINGO and hangup.
The Clark Arena or The Stadium of Clark have a certain ring to them.
Friday, 17 February 2012
Is this for fuel or the clothing brand?
Price of diesel 'hits new record high'
I popped into the store a couple of weeks back and was shocked by some of the prices. One jacket was £800. Jeez.
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Just watching BBC news about Iranian nuclear capability.
Ignoring all of the political baggage that comes with that. The first thing the BBC reporter mentioned was the fact that the Iranian president's degree was in town planning.
Who gives a fuck? I'm pretty sure that David Cameron's degree wasn't in nuclear physics.
What was the point of the comment other than criticising his education? The BBC's role is different than that.
I've been redeemed!
The earliest record on their system of me filling in a survey was 6th December 2006, which is a little over 5 years. I don't think it's been worth while.
But, £50, is £50. And i've been told by the boss that it should go in the April's birthday Kitchenaid fund.
I started going out with April on the 1st December 2006 within the week when I started the yougov surveys. Maybe it's fate that she should get the money.
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Friday, 10 February 2012
What shall I buy with the money? Or do you think they send the press round and hand be a big cheque?
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
It's -5 out there!
I had beers with Shaz yesterday, many of which were in one of my favorite pubs, the Crobar. Here's a photo of one of the clientele.
Good night though. Looking forward to moving back to London... at some point.
Tuesday, 7 February 2012
The world is just full of idiots
6th February 2012 - 20:43
Mars - atmosphere 95.32% CO2, ave. surface temp -81F
How do you eat that?
How do you eat them?
They must read my blog
Monday, 6 February 2012
Blade Runner 2
Please, please, please! Fingers crossed that Promethesus is decent first though. According to this report it's supposed to be based in the same universe as Alien.
125 points left
£50 7 years ago isn't the same as £50 now however.
b) i'm earning more than double what I was back then so it has less significance.
It's the principle of the thing though.
Sunday, 5 February 2012
I decided not to play rugby third Saturday, I've still got q rubbish cold and felt it was for the best. Running round in the cold certainly wouldn't have helped.
Instead we went into London for the day. April had had a busy week and it'd felt Luke ages since we'd spent much time together, on our own at least.
With no plans, we wondered round central London from shop to shop. Highlight was seeing a homeless guy with a cat instead of a dog for company and additional sympathy. It worked on us, we gave him £2.
At around 5 it began to get pretty cold so we popped into a pub for a quick pint. The Ship. I think it was one of the rock pubs I wanted to go to on my stag but didn't get round to it.
After that we found a Vietnamese restaurant that was surprisingly cheap considering we were in Soho. What to do next? April remembered a music venue nearby called the 12 Bar club so we decided to pay a visit.
It was supposed to be a punk night but it turned out to be metal. Excellent. At around 10 though we thought it'd be a good idea to head back as it'd been snowing pretty heavily since 6.
Our can eventually got us to Charing Cross and we made our way onto a delayed train. That's when the fun stopped and we ended up getting stuck on it. Finally getting home at gone 3, some 4 and a half hours later. With no heating for most of the journey we'd taken to stuffing today's broad sheets up our coats to keep warm. Brrr...
Good night though.
Friday, 3 February 2012
Over half way through the next book
Superbowl hosting tips
- Make sure you understand your state laws. Before sending out party invitations, familiarize yourself with your state’s social host liability laws.
- Speak with your insurance agent or company representative about your homeowners coverage and any exclusions, conditions or limitations your policy might have for this kind of risk. Homeowners insurance usually provides some liquor liability coverage, but it is typically limited to $100,000 to $300,000, depending on the policy, which might not be enough.
- Consider venues other than your home for the party. Hosting your party at a restaurant or bar with a liquor license, rather than at your home, will help minimize liquor liability risks.
- Hire a professional bartender. Most bartenders are trained to recognize signs of intoxication and are better able to limit consumption by partygoers.
- Encourage guests to pick a designated driver who will refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages so that he or she can drive other guests home.
- Be a responsible host. Limit your own alcohol intake so that you will be better able to judge your guests’ sobriety.
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages and always serve food. Eating and drinking plenty of water, or other non-alcoholic beverages, can help counter the effects of alcohol.
- Do not pressure guests to drink or rush to refill their glasses when empty. And never serve alcohol to guests who are visibly intoxicated.
- Stop serving liquor toward the end of the evening. Switch to coffee, tea and soft drinks.
- If guests drink too much or seem too tired to drive home, call a cab, arrange a ride with a sober guest or have them sleep at your home.
- Encourage all your guests to wear seatbelts as they drive home. Studies show that seatbelts save lives.
The world is full of idiots!
One person has asked for the thermostat to be set to 23 in order to counter this. They are going to comply. Idiots!
If the policy is to have the temperature at 21 degrees then that is what the heating system will do. It has nothing to do with it being cold outside!
When it's cold you need...
Thursday, 2 February 2012
He's done it again
Bloody hell it's cold
I've also got a stinking cold, which i've had off and on for over a month. I think I might cancel Saturday's game as I really need the time off and running around in the freezing weather getting my ass kicked is probably not advised.