Tuesday 12 June 2007

Viva Espania

Well, you guessed it, i'm back and raring to go.

Spain was a pretty good laugh, nice and sunny for the most part and a nice change from the normal weekend away from work.

I had to get up at 4:45 on Saturday as my flight was due to take off at 10 from Stansted. It wasn't really a problem as I had an early night but it's certainly not the on the weekend for me. Our flights were delayed for 2.5 hours so what did we do...?

...straight on the Stella. You've guessed it Saturday was a big one.

We eventually arrived at our villa at around 6 in the evening so there was only really time to quickly shower and head out to the table we had booked in the near by village. The villa was big, fitted 10 (idea for a holiday next year?). It had a nice villa and a lovely friendly cat (i'll post some pictures on moblog if I can reduce the size of them).

The meal was great and the wine flowed. I had massive Gambas for starter followed by a suckling pig then some cheese. You could see the others secretly jealous of my choices seeing as they had all ordered various types of paella.

We arrived back at the flat at 11:30 and sat outside drinking more beer and wine. I snuck off at about 3 but the rest carried on till 4 in the morning.

The next day was golf! I'd only ever had a go on a driving range (with Shaheen in Jersey) so I knew it would be interesting... The course was nice and we booked our selfs a buggy, driving that was best part of the day for me.

I was first up on the tee, swing and a miss... oh how hey laughed! Yes, very funny. Second go, swing and a hit! Sploosh! Straight into the water, Ball number 1 of around 6 that I lost was never to be seen again. 10 shots for the first hole which was a par 4. Not bad for my first go, things can only get better eh? Ha, ha!

I finished the first 9 holes in 88 shots (probably considerably higher if I played the correct rules). That's 52 over par! Thankfully I stopped after that and just caddied for the other guys. And by caddying I mean driving (cruising) around the golf course occasionally helping the guys with club selection and nearly dieing when my boss hit a beauty which went straight for my head. Luckily I was watching and dived out of the way.

The evening was much more sedate, we had a couple of beers and shared a bottle or two of wine over barbeque. I was in bed by 10:30 shattered.

The next day the guys had to be up early for another round, I opted out and had a nice lie in, watched some cricket and fed the cat loads of left over food from the previous night.

I flew back with one of the guys (stock broker) and landed at around 6:30 last night, shattered. I pretty much wanted to sleep on the Stansted Express but just as I sat down someone called my name and it was Anish (spelling?) the guy that came with Shaheen to Amsterdam and the one Kris kept calling Abdul (Kris: or was it Mohamed???).

I'd seen him about a year ago (he actually ended up staying round mine) when I went out with Shaz and a few of his mates for a birthday party.

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and now i've got to get up and go to bloody work. Boo hoo! At least i;ve got a lovely suntan (sun burn) to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment